Friday, March 7, 2008

1/18/07

This poemsong is dedicated to T. Shannon Prasad R. Michelle Efird, because even if no one else can appreciate my dorky side, I know they will! :)

Oh Idiosyncratic Me


If you don't think it's weird

that I love scifi and ballet
and I talk out loud in Spanish
if there's no one else to hear,

If you don't shrink in fear
to know that I have little tact
and that sometimes Office scenes
...well, they make me tear,

If you don't think it's silly
I turn red for no good reason
and my laughs are big explosions uncontrolled,
and I sing torch songs in the shower
but don't know how to be a flirt
and I wear flip-flops even when it's freezing cold,

And I talk extremely loudly
when I'm hyper and excited
and I'm type B but write up lists for everything,
and I start a lot of projects
that I'll probably never finish
and I think chocolate's not a want--it is a need,

If you won't think something's wrong
when I sing random words out loud
or when I'm staring with a frown (it means I'm thinking),
If you don't want to run and hide
when in the corner of your eye
you see me dancing 'round the room like I'm a gypsy,

If you can lovingly put up
with all these idiosyncracies,
well, dear, why don't you just hurry up,
hurry up and get here please!

I knoooow I'm only twenty-threeee,

But, heavens, I'm alreeeeeady twennnnnnty-threeeeeeeee!

In short:

Whoever you may be,
If you're not bothered that I'm crazy,
you could be the one for me!

No comments: