Friday, March 7, 2008

9/4/07

(This is the "continued ruminations" referred to in this post)

Still a much-felt theme even today (3/7/08), what with my increasingly burdensome injury and, of course, sweet Linda's passing.

Again, though, "loss is just a part of life." It doesn't necessarily equal despair or a lack of hope.


Simply, Loss

a friend I used to have
a song I used to play
a place I used to go
a prayer I used to say
a prayer I used to know
a dream I used to own
a cry I used to hold
a truth I used to get
a thought I used to claim
a joy I used to grasp
a heart I used to reach
a peace I used to taste
a card I used to send
a smile I used to trust
a call I used to make
a book I used to read
a calm I used to feel
a time I used to take
a soul I used to find
a rhyme I used to sing
a word I used to write
a grief I used to fight
a loss I used to grieve
a tear I used to loose
a breath I used to breathe

a girl I used to be

No comments: